The Medium platform still pushes one-sided content in my email. I now mostly ignore it, after I wrote https://blumudus.com/2018/medium-sucks/ …
But today I decided to give it a chance.
This time the first article that they promoted was titled: “Why as a Liberal I Read Fox News to Know Who’s Actually Going to Win in November” and it piqued my interest.
The incipit of the article:
“Remember how bad it felt on election night 2016 when we all realized Hillary had lost?”
Anyway, the photo of the author seemed crazily stereotypical, so I clicked to see what else she wrote.
The list is hilariously bad, confirming every cliché about what we could call… toxic femininity? Toxic feminism turned into a self-hating, egotistical, anti-feminine anti-masculine anti-decency, needy, fake-edgy yet conformist, immature posturing?
I won’t link the articles list here, because I think the author doesn’t deserve it (not that it would matter to her viewership), but you could easily find it if you wished.
Some of the most egregious offenders:
- My Boyfriend Wanted to Watch Me Have Sex With Other Men
- My Husband Tried to Cure My Weak Libido
- I Realized I Wanted a Divorce While Having Sex With My Husband
- I Didn’t Feel Guilty for Cheating on My Husband
It was the best sex I had in years.
I Abandoned My Family to Live in Costa Rica for 3 Months — And It Saved My Life.
Being a “martyr mom”…
- My Hot, Sexy, Terrifying, and Humiliating Tinder Experiences in Costa Rica
I found love, but I also…
- Cheating on Your Spouse Is Sometimes Justified
- I Didn’t Tell Him I Was Still Married
- Casual Sex Brought Me Back to Life After Leaving My Marriage
- I’ve Always Prefered “Feminine” Men — Now I Know Why
- Why It’s Finally Socially Acceptable for Straight Men to Explore Their Femininity
- I’m Okay as a “Flab Mom.” Stop Shaming Me for Not Being Fit
- Yes, a Porn Addict Can Ask Their Partner Not to Watch Porn
- I Worked in a Sex Dungeon in Spain
- There’s Nothing Wrong With Being “Self-Partnered”
- I’m Addicted to My Vibrator. Is That Bad?
- I Was a Straight Girl Who Led on Lesbians
- I Am a Nudist
- Cannabis Transformed My Sex Life
- A New Wave of Women Are Refusing to Remove Their Body Hair — I’m One of Them
- I Shave Off My Pubic Hair After Every Breakup
- I’ve Decided to Stop Shaming Myself for Being on Welfare
- On Being White, Poor and Privileged
Knowing I’m privileged is the first step toward change.